Tuesday 14 June 2011

AHA! The official answer about pins!

I received the following e-mail from the material resources co-ordinator at MCC Ontario: 

Hello Jennifer,

I received your email about having a baby shower for MCC.  What a fantastic idea!  I haven't had a chance to look at your blog yet, but I will do that.  

You were wondering about the diaper pins...we actually use steel diaper pins, not the baby ones with the plastic cover on the end.  We found that the steel ones were just as useful, and much less expensive.

Any other questions, feel free to email or call me.

Thanks, and good luck with your newborn kit collection!

My best,

Material Resources Coordinator
Mennonite Central Committee Ontario

*******
SO... it looks like plain old steel safety pins (2 inches / 5 cm long) are what they are looking for, though it doesn't explicity prevent you from buying diaper pins (i.e. plastic capped safety pins) so if you already have found diaper pins you may use them.  In the mean time, I will not be buying a bulk bag of diaper pins and will be looking for safety pins myself.  If you are still having any problems finding the pins, please let me know!

And, some good news to share... we already have ten people who have committed to building kits, for a minimum of 16 kits! Thank you all so much for your generosity! If you haven't already told me that you'll be participating, I'd love to know about it.   God bless you all!

Much love,

Jen and Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment